Cron. Algorithm and Terms
For each supplier form, a task list can be set. The main task processes the price list according to the supplier's form first page settings. You can add up to 3 preliminary and up to 6 final tasks. Preliminary tasks are performed before price list processing and final tasks after.
Preliminary and Final tasks are tools from the "Tools" tab.
Each task list is configured in the supplier form "Cron" tab and is applicable for a specific price list.
Each price list has its own task list:
As you know, any price list can be processed by its supplier form by pressing the button "Start from admin/uploads":
This launch method is used if the price list is larger than the hosting limits.
The price list is uploaded in advance to the site using FTP, to the admin/uploads folder and renamed to 14.xml , 14.xls or 14.xlsx, or 14.csv depending on the file format, where 14 is the supplier's form number.
To put it simply, Cron downloads the price list from the link to the admin/uploads folder, renames it, and clicks this button instead of you at the specified time.
You can manage Cron work on suppliers list page, enabling and disabling cron for specific supplier form:
The number in brackets (0) means the execution priority.
If you disable a cron task while it is running, it will continue running until the timeout occurs.
Cron work rules
- Cron executes all tasks that are enabled, according to the priority and the specified execution time.
- No task can start executing until the previous one finishes, so the task start time is set not with an accuracy of a minute but with with an accuracy of 1 hour.
- The old price list is automatically deleted before the new price list is downloaded.
- None of the preliminary or final tasks will be performed if the price list download fails.
- A detailed report on the Cron work can be viewed on the server, in the folder admin/uploads
The main Cron settings and its work summary results are displayed on the suppliers-list page:
- Price list processing date and time.
- Number of lines in report / errors files (see Report).
- The task start settings: hour number, week number, month number (comma-separated values are allowed).